Letterpress 101 is three days of hands-on experience and instruction in the techniques and versatility of letterpress typesetting and printing. The class familiarizes students with the Mancos Common Press equipment and facility, including our three historic presses, metal & wood type collections, paper cutting equipment and all the necessary tools and gear involved in the letterpress printing process.
This class is open to all and is also required for those wanting to apply to become Artist Members at the Press. Artist Members have independent access and use of the Press facility.
No experience necessary. Open to students 16 and up.
DATE: September 8-10, 2023
- IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION will be held September 8-10, 10 am – 5 pm with an hour break for lunch each day.
TUITION: $350/student includes:
- 18 hours of instruction and hands-on
- 6 hours of supervised time at the Press
(required for independent Artist Member access to the
Press – to be scheduled after the workshop)
- A binder of instructional materials
- All paper, ink, and other printing-related
- Rosie Carter is a local artist and printmaker who has immersed herself in all things letterpress. Learn more about her at rosiecarter.com
- Limited to 6 students
- Rosie: admin@mancoscommonpress 970-739-8997
*Student-made cancellations made within 2 weeks of the class date will not be refunded.