So many great Things are happening at the Common press!
We are expanding: The Mancos Commons
Mancos Commons is a proposed mixed-use building sponsored by Mancos Common Press. The new building will enhance Mancos and the Mancos Common Press in so many wonderful ways:
- Workshop, retail, and office space for the Press
- Expanded Press programming and engagement
- Three single-bedroom living units
We are active: Learn about our programs and more
The Mancos Common Press is a hub of creativity with a robust schedule of programs and events, including:
- Public School Classes
- Community Classes
- Artists In Residencies
- Demo Days and Pop Up Shops
- So much more!
Stay tuned for these upcoming events
- Ongoing monthly Press Club Gathering – 4th Thursday of every month, 5-7pm.
- Printing for Community Change – rescheduling soon w/Annie Seder
- Visiting Artists – Herstory Community Printmaking – June 2-4
- Herstory Evening Artist Talk at the Community Center June 2nd 7pm
- BurroFest Print Demos – June 17th
- Grand Summer Nights Hands on printing events July 8, 15, & 22
- Artist in Residence – July 22-30 w/- Melissa Morgan
- Letterpress 101 – July 14-16 & Sept. 8-10 w/Rosie Carter
- Printers Pop-up – August 12th
- Moku Hanga Japanese Printmaking – Oct. 19-22 w/Leon Loughridge
Even a small contribution makes a big impact.
Every contribution helps.
The Mancos Commons is an approved CO Enterprise Zone Project
The Cranston Press
Our working Cranston Press stands close to 8 feet tall and few still exist nationwide. This press is capable of producing prints of up to 24-by-36 inches, the size of a full newspaper spread. It is a rare privilege to have access to a huge letterpress like this and a wonder to see it in action.
PRESERVING OUR HISTORIC PAST
• This project is paid for in part by a History Colorado – State Historical Fund grant. •