Letterpress 101 is three days of hands-on experience and instruction in the techniques and versatility of letterpress typesetting and printing. The class familiarizes students with the Mancos Common Press equipment and facility, preparing them for working independently and expanding the community of printmakers and artists at the Press.
No experience necessary. Open to students 16 and up.
DATE: July 15-17
- IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION will be held July 15-17, 10 am – 5 pm with an hour break for lunch each day.
TUITION: $300/student includes:
- 18 hours of instruction and hands-on
- 6 hours of supervised time at the Press
(required for independent access to the
Press – to be scheduled after the workshop)
- A binder of instructional materials
- All paper, ink, and other printing-related
- Rosie Carter is a local artist and printmaker who has immersed herself in all things letterpress. Learn more about her at rosiecarter.com
- Limited to 6 students
- firstname.lastname@example.org 970-739-8997
*Student-made cancellations made within 1 week of the class date will not be refunded.