The Mancos Press Club consists of print artists who have been certified to use the Common Press studio space on their own. Certification means one has taken the Common Press Letterpress 101 class and been checked-out or has been approved using other criteria by the Board.
There is a monthly fee of $50 that allows for 8 sessions (32 hours) per month. Members will receive a monthly email one week prior to the end of the month, reminding them of dues due and providing a rotating passcode to allow members to book future usage online.
The website has been set up to accommodate the following schedules:
- Max of 4 possible users at the press at once
- Users can reserve a specific press or specify prepress work
- Time slots are generally 9–1pm, 1–5pm, or 5–9pm, 7 days a week.
- Sometimes the press will be unavailable to Press Club members due to a class or scheduled event.
- Each member will have the passcode to let themselves into the building.
- Members agree to open the press to the public during business hours, host visitors, and handle retail sales.
- Members should know basics of the history of the newspaper, the preservation project, etc.
- The Press pays for cleaning supplies and ink (the provided ink must be used). Members bring their own papers, cardstock, etc. or paper can be purchased from the Press Club supply drawer.
- Members are responsible for all cleanup and sorting of type and equipment at the end of their press time.
- The use of the Mancos Common Press logo is reserved for items that are sold through the Press.
- Accommodations can be made through volunteer hours for someone who cannot afford the full fee.
Covid regulations and requirements will vary based upon the current situation at the time. It is understood that procedures will change and evolve as the Club moves forward. All suggestions are welcome.
You will receive the password for the booking page at checkout, so be sure to look at your order confirmation page and keep your order confirmation email.